Air purifiers can be lifesavers for people
suffering from allergies and asthma. They can manage to keep the air you
breathe clean and pure to improve your health.
One of the most innovative air purifiers on the market is the Molekule Air Purifier. It comes in 2 different sizes and has a unique technology that can destroy air pollutants instead of simply filtering them out.
In this article, we will tell you what to look for in a good air purifier and what makes the Molekule Air Purifier so unique and whether or not you should purchase it.
Criteria of a Good Air Purifier
When people purchase an air purifier, there are generally a few factors that they want to consider first.
Are they easy to maintain? Unfortunately, it would be best if you replaced the air filters in air purifiers every so often. The frequency they need to be changed will depend on the type of air purifier you choose. The three main types are pre-filters, carbon filters, and HEPA filters.
- Pre-filters: These need to be changed every three months, but you can wash some in the washing machine.
- Carbon filters: These last for six months on average.
- HEPA filters: Some can last for five years, but generally, these filters can last for one year.
- There are also some air purifiers on the market that rely on heat or UV light to work, which means that they do not need filters.
What do you need it for? There are plenty of different reasons why people choose to get air purifiers. Here are some of the most common:
- Pets: Air purifiers are designed to remove pet odors, hair, and dander from the air.
- Allergies: For those who suffer from horrible allergies, these could be major saviors. They work to help remove allergens from indoors for relief.
- Smoke: If you live with someone who smokes or have been exposed to other kinds of smoke, soot, or other odors in your home that could cause you to have trouble breathing, there are air purifiers geared towards this.
- Breathing problems: For example, air purifiers can provide lots of relief for people who have asthma. They remove odors and chemicals in the surrounding air.
What size do you need? It is also important that you consider the size of the air purifier before you purchase it. There are different air purifiers meant for different-sized rooms. For example, you can only use some of them in smaller spaces. Knowing how many square feet of the room you want the purifier will help you determine the size you need to get.
What is the ACH rate? ACH stands for the air change per hour, which means how many times the purifier will filter a volume of air every hour. If you want an air purifier to help ease some of your breathing problems, then this could be important.
Molekule Air Purifier Review
Molekule has two air purifiers- the Molekule Air and the Molekule Air Mini. The one you choose will depend on the size of the room you intend on using it in. For example, the Molekule Air purifier is best for larger spaces, such as the living room or master bedroom, and the Molekule Air Mini is great for children’s bedrooms or your office.
The price of the Molekule Air is $799, and the cost of the Molekule Air Mini is $399.
So what is it that sets this product apart from others of its kind? Molekule created the brand to eliminate indoor air pollutants. The brand’s founders suffered from allergies and asthma, so they wanted to create a product that would help relieve their symptoms.
These air purifiers have a different kind of filter called PECO, which stands for Photo Electrochemical Oxidation. Unlike HEPA filters, which collect pollutants, PECO filters will destroy substances such as bacteria, mold, and allergens at the molecular level. This will prevent the mold from escaping the filters and being passed back into the air. You will get filter refills once the six months’ worth of filters the devices come with are used up. The air purifier works by pulling air through a fan at the bottom into the pre-filter, then is pushed through the PECO filter to destroy pollutants. This clean air is then filtered out through vents at the top.
The pre-filters need to be changed every three months, and the PECO filter needs to be changed every six months.
- Where to buy Molekule air purifiers: You will
be able to purchase these air purifiers on the company’s website.
Here’s a YouTube video introducing the Molekule Air Mini.
Pros and Cons
According to customer reviews, there were
several pros and cons of the Molekule Air Purifier.
- It can destroy mold, allergen, and other pollutants in the air. Unlike other air filters on the market, the ones included with the Molekule air purifiers can eliminate mold spores, allergens, dust particles, VOCs (volatile organic compounds), and more. This helps to clean the air where you live truly.
- The purifier is easy to maintain. Plain and simple, you get the air filters delivered right to your door whenever you need them. It’s easy to clean, and you can be assured that it will always look brand new.
- You can control it from your phone. This is a unique feature that you might not find elsewhere. This air purifier comes with a companion app that allows you to schedule when you want it to turn off and on (perfect for nighttime). You can track the filter’s status to know when you should be changing them, and you can also control the fan’s speed.
- It’s overpriced. As we said before, the price of the larger air purifier is $799, and the smaller one is $399. You can easily purchase air purifiers that are a lot cheaper. The company does allow you to finance the device, but it might not be worth paying all that money altogether.
- It’s large and heavy. Here’s one thing that might be surprising- this air filter is huge. It weighs 18 pounds, and the larger purifier is 2 feet tall. You might need to reorganize your room.
Some people think the Molekule air purifiers aren’t worth the money, and then some people believe that these are the best air purifiers on the market. They unquestionably come with many essential features that you won’t be able to find elsewhere, but we’ll let you decide whether or not you want to buy this product.