There are few things people love more than a pizza. Whether you prefer pepperoni, cheese, sausage, or veggie pizza, one thing is clear: pizza is heavenly. However, ordering delivery or buying frozen pizza at the grocery store might not be the healthiest option. It especially might not be the best strategy for people with gluten allergies.
Luckily, you can change that by investing in a portable pizza oven. These are convenient ovens that enable you to cook pizza (and not only) in much less time than it would take in a regular oven. And the taste and flavor are simply magnificent! We have compiled a list of pizza ovens according to the top 10 best portable pizza oven reviews, as well as all you need to know when buying a portable pizza oven.
We may earn an affiliate commission for some of the outdoor pizza ovens on this list.
Different Types of Portable Pizza Ovens
How does an outdoor pizza oven work? Generally, portable pizza ovens are arranged under their source of fuel. The options we have included on this list have multiple different fuel sources.
- Wood-Fired Oven: These types of ovens burn using hardwood, pellets, or charcoal. However, wood-fired pizza ovens tend to be much more difficult and time-consuming to use than the other types. But people still love these since they produce a fantastic flavor that you can’t get with different ovens.
- Gas Ovens: Gas pizza ovens are the most common. They are smaller, lighter, and easy to use. All you need is a propane tank to hook up to the gas oven. These don’t need as much cleaning, and pizzas cook faster in these ovens.
- Electric Ovens: Some people who have busy schedules may prefer to get an electric pizza oven. However, they don’t heat up as much, but you can still rely on them to cook your food evenly. In addition, these ovens can be used inside.
While people consider many factors when they purchase a pizza oven, one of the most important is the brand. Some brands are much more reputable than others, so it’s never a bad idea to purchase from those brands. Here are some of the most popular portable pizza ovens.
- Ooni: Ooni is, arguably, the most well-known pizza ovens brand. You can find a wide variety of pizza ovens, and compatible accessories on their website that you know will last a long time.
- Cuisinart: Perhaps no list of appliances would be complete without mentioning Cuisinart. This brand is famous for its many different kitchen appliances, such as ovens, grills, and microwaves, but it also produces high-quality portable pizza ovens.
You Might Also Like: Top Ten Best and Most Reliable Kitchen Appliance Brands
Top 5 Best Portable Outdoor Pizza Ovens
1. Presto 03430 Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven
The Presto Rotating Oven is unique. It includes a rotating tray that constantly turns to ensure that your pizza is baked evenly. It also has a built-in temperature gauge on the top and bottom, as you can control the heating elements separately.
You can choose how you want the heating elements to operate each time for the perfect pizza. Then, when the pizza is done cooking, a timer will go off, and it will automatically turn off the heat for your safety.
It saves 60% of energy compared to a convection oven, and it has an easy-to-clean removable nonstick baking pan.
Next is this Cuisinart outdoor pizza oven that offers a whopping 143 square inches of cooking space. This will enable you to cook pizzas of multiple sizes, depending on your audience. It also has a 15,000 BTU burner that can cook pizzas in only five minutes.
The dimensions are 18 x 27 x 14.5 inches, and it weighs under 40 pounds, so you will have no difficulty transporting this portable outdoor pizza oven. It also provides a wood-fired taste to your pizza when you use the smoke chip cup.
The oven also includes a pizza peel and a cordierite stone.
3. Ooni Fyra 12 Wood Pellet Pizza Oven
The next option on our list comes from the popular brand Ooni, and it is the best portable wood-fired pizza oven. It is fueled using hardwood pellets to provide consistent high heat. It is entirely effortless to cook using this oven, which you would not typically expect with a wood-fueled pizza oven.
It works using a gravity-fed pellet hopper, which feeds through the hardwood pellets to provide effortless cooking. In only 15 minutes, you will be ready to go, as the oven can reach temperatures as high as 932 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use this oven for cooking a pizza that is 12 inches, which is a perfect size for you and your family.
What makes this one of the best portable outdoor wood pizza ovens is that the pizza can cook in only 60 seconds, so you won’t have to wait too long for your delicious meal. In addition, the Ooni portable pizza oven only weighs 22 pounds, meaning that you’re not just limited to your backyard!
This is considered to be one of the best portable gas pizza ovens. Even better, you can choose how you want to cook your pizza. For example, you can choose to use propane gas, wood, or charcoal. As a result, you can achieve an authentic wood-fired pizza that is stone-baked in only 60 seconds.
The best part of all is that outdoor cooking will be much more enjoyable using this pizza oven. If you decide to use a propane tank, all you need to do is order the Ooni Gas Burner attachment because the oven is also gas powered. In addition, the portable pizza oven includes a custom fuel tray that will provide a lot of airflow and heat.
You will not have to worry about cleaning up excess ash. The oven can also reach 932 degrees Fahrenheit in only 15 minutes, or you can control the heat so that it will cook at lower temperatures to give you more options in terms of what to cook. It only weighs 26.4 pounds, making it a light and convenient oven to take with you wherever you go.
Finally, here is a Roccbox portable outdoor pizza oven capable of reaching 932 degrees Fahrenheit to cook a pizza in only 60 seconds. It’s super fast and works efficiently to make cooking pizza even easier. In addition, it has 86% heat retention and excellent fuel efficiency.
In addition, the portable pizza oven comes with retractable legs that make it easy to store and move around. It also includes a built-in thermometer gauge that enables you to monitor the temperature of the oven.
Finally, the portable pizza oven comes with a safe-touch silicone jacket to protect you from high heat. Check out our Thor Pizza Oven review, another fantastic model.
Even More Options
- Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven 90
- Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
- Captain Cook Ovenplus Salamander Grill with Pizza Stone
- Ooni Koda Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Wisco 421 Pizza Oven LED Display
Finally, as you choose the best portable pizza oven, there are a few factors that you will want to consider.
- What type of flavor do you want? If you’re all about that authentic flavor, then you might want to check out the wood-fired ovens. However, those ovens are more challenging to use, and then there comes the problem of cleaning out the ashes when you’re done. However, that doesn’t mean that your pizza won’t taste good with the other types, either.
- How much food do you plan to cook? Size is an important matter when you choose a pizza oven. If you have a larger family, you may want to get a larger oven. Generally, the ovens will include information on how much food you can cook in them.
- Durability: You want to see if the oven is made of materials such as stainless steel so that it will last a long time. Sturdy and strong materials will not only enable the oven to last longer, but your food will cook better, too. Check out stainless steel charcoal grills.
- Ease of Use: Finally, you always want to get an oven (or any appliance) that is easy to use and clean. The type of fuel you choose will impact this, but other features such as temperature control, lid locks, and cooking grates will also play a significant role.
An excellent pizza oven can transform pizza night from a mediocre store-bought pizza to something delicious and homemade. You’ll never want to get delivery or frozen pizzas again. And with a portable pizza oven, you can take it with you wherever you want to go, including on camping trips or a spontaneous weekend away. With any of the portable pizza ovens that we’ve included on our list, you will be sure to have a pizza like you’ve never tried before!
Nesco Roaster Oven Review
How to Make Pizza in a Toaster Oven