For many businesses, such as delis and small restaurants, it is necessary to have a professional meat slicer to provide customers with the exact cuts needed.
However, it is also possible to get a meat slicer for home use. One of the most popular examples of this is the Deni meat slicer. It has many great features and qualities and is, overall, a product that Deni built to last. There were some complaints, but they seem to be few and far between.
Here, we will discuss the meat slicer in-depth to help you make a more informed opinion.
Before getting a meat slicer, it’s essential to make sure that you know what to look for to get the best one for your means. Here are some of the different criteria so you can decide on the best meat slicer for your personal use.
- Built-in sharpener: It’s essential to make sure that the blade of your meat slicer is always clean and sharp so that you eliminate any potential risks when the meat slicer is in operation. Thankfully, most of them come with their built-in sharpener so that the process goes by quickly and easily.
- Safety features: Naturally, you can imagine that there may be some safety hazards with using a sharp kitchen appliance such as a meat slicer. Many of them come with lots of safety features to help keep you safe while the device is in operation, some of which may include: automatic shut-off, knife guard, and a gauge place interlock. The more safety features the meat slicer has, the better.
- Foods you can use: Depending on what you need the meat slicer for, you may want to double-check and see what kinds of foods you can cut with it. As the name suggests, you will be able to slice different types of meat, but many of them also allow you to slice cheese, vegetables, fruits, and other foods as well.
- Ease of cleaning: You will want to make sure that the food slicer is easy to clean because you want to eliminate the possibility of bacteria growing on the device and contaminating your food. Many food slicers come with removable parts that you can easily remove to get into the small crevices to clean.
- Adjustable thickness: Many meat slicers also allow you to change the thickness of the blade with a knob to choose how thick you want the different slices of food to be. Generally, they give you a range of widths up to 1 inch.
The Deni 14150 Meat Slicer Pro is an electric food slicer that currently retails for approximately $105 on Amazon.
The Deni electric food slicer is made of die-cast aluminum that will last you for many years. This will also prevent the Deni food slicer from rusting over time, which will prevent bacteria growth and issues with the device’s operation.
This food slicer was meant for use at home, so you will be able to safely use this device- which barely differs from industrial meat slicers in terms of quality and durability- right in the comfort of your kitchen.
It also has a 7.5-inch stainless steel blade, which you can use to slice through many types of foods aside from meat, including vegetables, cheese, bread, and fruits. In addition, it has a slice control knob that you can adjust to fix the thickness or thinness of the slices as you would like.
It also has many safety features, including a food pusher that can grip the food and hold it in place as it is being sliced. In addition, it has an angled platform that will allow food to fall into the tray after it has been cut easily.
The Deni tabletop electric meat slicer has a retractable platform and a removable blade to make cleaning easier. It also has handles to easily move it or carry it around, making it great for use at home.
Here is a video of the Deni meat slice stainless steel in action.
Pros and Cons
In addition, according to customer reviews, here are some of the pros and cons of the Deni food meat and cheese slicer.
- Has a food pusher to grip the food and hold it in place as you slice it for extra safety
- Perfect for use at home
- Includes handle so you can easily carry it around and move it
- The Deli Electric meat deli food slicer is made of die-cast aluminum, so you will be able to use it for many years and not have to worry about the device rusting
- you can adjust the blade thickness to the size you want
- You will be able to slice many different foods with this product aside from meat, including vegetables, fruits, cheese, and bread
- It has an angled platform so that the food will fall easily into it as it’s being sliced
- Includes non-slip feet on the bottom to hold the food slicer in place as it is in operation
- Some complaints about how light the device is
- Some reviews said that the meat slicer does not slice pieces evenly
- Complaints about the motor being too weak
- Some people said that it takes a long time to clean because of the serrated blade
It seems that the Deni meat slicer is a perfectly viable option if you want a meat slicer that you will have no difficulty using in your own home for a fraction of the price.
You will be able to slice all different kinds of foods aside from meat and impress your guests with your professional-level cuts.
The Deni meat slicer provides you with many safety features so that you can use it without any worries. There were some complaints about the operation of the meat slicer, but overall, it seems like something to consider for an at-home meat slicer.